Heaven? Not sure you're going?
Please listen to the message to find out how!
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
~ 1 John 5:13 ~
~ 1 John 5:13 ~
Our Statement of Faith:
The Holy Scriptures.
- We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the verbal and plenary inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are inerrant, infallible, and God-breathed, and, therefore, are the final authority for faith and life. The sixty-six books of the Old and New Testament are the complete and divine revelation of God to man and all modern pretense of revelation through tongues, prohecy, dreams, visions, or the church itself are un-Scriptural. (Deuteronomy 18:20; 2 Samuel 23:2; Psalm 119:89; Proverbs 30:6; Isaiah 8:20; Jeremiah 23:28-36; 1 Corinthians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Galatians 1:11-12; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Jude 3; Revelation 22:18-19)
- We believe in a literal interpretation of the Holy Scriptures. Where the language of the Bible is clearly symbolical or figurative, we seek for the literal truth such language is intending to convey. (Isaiah 8:20; Mark 7:13)
- We believe that the King James Version of the Bible is the divinely preserved Word of God for the English speaking world and, therefore, shall be the official and only translation used by the church. (Psalm 12:6-7; 119:160; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 5:18; 24:35; 1 Peter 1:23-25)
- We believe in one triune God, eternally existing in three persons--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--each co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19; Luke 3:22; John 14:1-17; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 John 5:7)
- We believe in the absolute Deity of the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ; that He is the eternal Son of God; that He is co-equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit; that, in the fullness of time, He became man without ceasing to be God with the purpose of completing God's perfect plan of redemption; that He was placed in the womb of the virgin Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit; that He came to reveal God and His grace to a world fallen in sin. (Isaiah 7:14; 9:6; Matthew 1:20-23; Luke 1:35; John 1:1-2, 14, 18; Romans 9:5; 2 Corinthians 5:19-21; Galatians 4:4-5; Philippians 2:5-8; 1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 John 5:20)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our complete redemption through His death on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and, that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical (bodily) resurrection from the dead. (Luke 24:39; John 20:20, 27; Acts 2:18-36; Romans 3:24-25; 1 Corinthians 15:1-20; Ephesians 1:7; 1 Peter 1:3-5; 2:24)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of the Father where, as every believer's High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate. (Acts 1:9-10; Romans 8:34; Hebrews 7:25; 9:24; 1 John 2:1-2)
- We believe in the bodily, personal, imminent, pre-millennial return of Jesus Christ; that He will come in the air before the seven year tribulation period to catch away His church, followed by the judgment seat of Christ; and, that He will come with His church at the close of the tribulation to judge the living nations and set up His kingdom on earth which was promised to the nation Israel. (Psalm 89:3-4; Daniel 2:31-45; Zechariah 14:4-11; Matthew 24:29-31; 25:31-46; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 19:11-21; 20:1-6)
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, both male and female; but that in Adam's sin against God, the human race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God. As sinners by birth, mankind is unable through any work done by them to remedy their sin condition and personal alienation from God. (Genesis 1:26-27; 3:5-7; Psalm 51:5; Isaiah 64:6; Romans 3:9-10, 19-23; 5:12; 6:23; Ephesians 2:2-3, 11-12)
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to mankind by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins. Jesus Christ bore the sin of the world upon the cross of Calvary, and there the Lamb of God died paying the penalty for sin that mankind could not. He was buried and arose from the dead the third day as promised, proving He was indeed the Son of God and Saviour of the world. He offers to every person in the world a full, complete, and eternal salvation if they will simply believe on Him. An individual's own works cannot make salvation more or less secure. (John 1:12; 5:24; 6:28-29; Romans 6:23; 10:9-13; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-9; 1 Peter 1:18-25)
- We believe that every believer, having acknowledged their hopeless sin condition before God and exercised faith in Jesus Christ to forgive their sin and be their Saviour, is kept by the power of God through faith and secure in Christ forever. (John 6:37-40; 10:27-30; Acts 20:21; Romans 8:1, 38-39; 1 Corinthians 1:4-8; 1 Peter 1:3-5)
- We believe that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of God's Word, which, however, clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to commit sin and fulfill the lust of the flesh. (Romans 6:1-2; 13:13-14; Galatians 5:13; 2 Timothy 2:19; Titus 2:11-15)
- We believe that the local church, which is the body and the espoused bride of Christ, is solely made up of born-again believers in Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:27; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 1:22-23; 5:25-27)
- We believe that the establisment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 14:23-27; Romans 10:14-15; 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-11)
- We believe in the autonomy of the local church free of any external authority or control. The Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the church and each local church operates with a congregational form of government under the leadership of Christ. (Acts 13:1-4; 15:19-31; 20:28; 1 Corinthians 3:9; 5:4-7; 6:1-8; Ephesians 4:14-15; 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- We believe that Jesus Christ gave the following two ordinaces to the church:
- Believer's baptism--only persons professing faith in the Lord Jesus Christ may offer themselves to the church as candidates for water baptism by immersion; and that it is their duty to do so being the pre-requisite for church membership. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:41; 8:36-38)
- The Lord's Supper--only persons professing faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, having been Scripturally baptized and added to the membership of a local New Testament church should partake of the Lord's Supper. The Lord's Supper was instituted by Christ for His followers to commemorate His death upon the cross and bring His special grace always before their remembrance. The unleavened bread signifies His body and the non-alcoholic grape juice signifies His blood. Before partaking, every person ought to examine themselves and make wrongs right. (Matthew 26:26-30; Mark 14:22-25; Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:20-34)
- We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Saviour and Lord. God commands His people to separate from all religious apostasy, all ungodly and sinful pleasures, practices, piercings, and bodily markings. (Leviticus 19:28; Romans 12:1-2; 14:13; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18; 7:1; 2 Timothy 3:1-5; 1 John 2:15-17; 2 John 9-11)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all mankind, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment. (Matthew 25:46; John 5:28-29; 11:25-26; Revelation 20:5-6, 11-15)
- We believe that the souls of the redeemed are, at death, absent from the body and present with the Lord, where, in conscious bliss, they await the first resurrection, when spirit, soul, and body are reunited to be glorified forever with the Lord. (Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23; 3:21; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 1 John 3:1-2; Revelation 20:4-6)
- We believe that the souls of unbelievers remain, after death, in conscious punishment and torment until the second resurrection, when, with soul and body reunited, they shall appear at the Great White Throne Judgment, and shall be cast into the Lake of Fire, not to be annihilated, but to suffer everlasting conscious punishment and torment. (Matthew 25:41-46; Mark 9:43-48; Luke 16:19-26; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Jude 6-7; Revelation 20:11-15)
- We believe that God created the universe in six literal, 24-hour periods. We reject the Theory of Evolution, the Gap Theory, the Day-Age Theory, and Theistic Evolution as un-Scriptural theories of the origin of life. (Genesis 1-2; Exodus 20:11; John 1:3; Colossians 1:16-17)